Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kindergarten

First - Happy Birthday Mommy!

I realized the other day that I have to start the registration process for Cooper to attend Kindergarten in the fall. And then the panic attack happened - MY BABY IS GOING TO KINDERGARTEN!!! I'm freaking out. It can't be time for him to go to kindergarten yet. He's probably ready. I don't think that I am.

Lots has changed about kindergarten. It's now a full day - from 8:00 am to 3:10 pm. They don't nap. And they have homework. Is school even fun any more? Are we asking our kids to chose a college by the 5th grade so that they can chose classes geared toward their future?

At the same time - I'm excited because this is such an exciting time for Cooper. I'm excited to watch him learn and grow. I want to be involved, know his teachers, know his classmates and their parents. I want to go on field trips and join him for lunch at his school. I am hopeful that I will have the opportunities to do these things with my one and only son.

No comments:

Post a Comment