Cooper and I had a great time at Grandmaw Lyons' 85th birthday party. We got to see lots of people and Cooper was great! Not a one bratty moment!! Don was still working, so my MIL had to pick us up at the airport. I called her at 3:00 PM when I was boarding our flight from Little Rock. I told her, "I'll be there at 4:30, see ya then". I got off the plane, turned my phone on and listened to a message from her at 4:40 PM saying. "I'm still waiting for your call, are you here yet? I'm still at Mom's. Call me." What? Are you freaking kidding me - I thought to myself. I called her cell phone right away - she answered -
Where are you?.
I'm here at the airport, where are you
I'm still at moms.
I was waiting for you to call when you got here.
What? That's why I called you at 3:00 to tell you I would be here at 4:30. Why would I wait to call you when I got here?
I'm on my way.
I immediately called Don to tell him this! I was shocked that one person could be that brain-dead. I realize that is harsh, but man! That was a really stupid move!!
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
This weekend, Cooper really showed his mean steak. My poor little dog Murray was just napping on the couch, minding his own business, when Cooper walked up and yanked his hind leg and pulled him off the couch. Murray was shocked and stunned but got back on the couch. A few seconds later, Cooper pulled his hair and yanked him off the couch again. Poor Murray ran, while Cooper just laughed at himself.
Then, I was trying to get dressed and had him in my room. He kept opening my night stand drawer, which would not have been a big deal, but I have nail clippers, cuticle clippers and other sharp nail stuff in there. I told him "no, no" several times, but he wouldn't listen. I knelt down and looked him in the eye and said, "mommy said no-no" he looked me right back in the eye and screamed at the top of his lungs with his little fists balled up! I couldn't believe it! Back-talk at 16 months old!!
And finally, we were in Victoria's Secret on Sunday, and a lady was commenting on how cute Cooper was, and at that moment, he took his container of Cheerios and threw them at an innocent little girl not far away. Not one of his cuter moves! I hung my head in shame and left with my purchase!
Is this a sign of behavior to come? Is it going to get better or worse?
Tuesday, January 3, 2006
I don't plan to make any resolutions for 2006. I have yet to keep one. For years, I resolved to quit smoking, only to smoke straight through the year. I was only able to quit when I asked God for help, knowing I couldn't do it alone. I have made workout resolutions in the past, but only made it about two weeks. This time, I want to make more lifestyle changes. For instance, in 2006 I will try to:
- Eat breakfast - preferably fruit, but breakfast every day, not just on weekends
- Snack healthier - I have a bad habit of grabbing the wrong food. I just need to make healthy choices
- Walk more with Cooper - he had so much fun in his wagon, and not bad excersize for mommy either!!
- Spend more quality time with family - gonna have to be creative here - otherwise the boys won't go for it!
- Wear less make up - I've grown tired of covering my entire face with goop for one or two minor skin imperfections.
- Be OK with minor body imperfections - as noted above - I'm tired of covering up - I'd like to be more comfortable in my own skin or jeans, or sweater - or what ever!
- Challenge myself knitting. I'd like to knit something that I am afraid to try. I need to step outside of my comfort zone just a little .
It was much harder than I thought to come back to work today. I knew that it wouldn't be easy, but I sure did drag!! I took Cooper for a ride in his wagon every day and as you can see by his adorable little face, he loved it!! Reality definately bites sometimes!