Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Catching up

Thanksgiving was hectic and fun and relaxing! It was awesome to just be at home - and to wake up whenever I wanted and to nap. Cooper and I spent lots of time together and had fun playing. He's become a little obsessed with Bob the Builder. He wants to watch it all day long. I't difficult to explain to him that it doesn't come on all day. How much does a 2 year old really understand about television programming?

Two nights ago, while I was cleaning the kitchen, Don put Bob the Builder on and sat with Cooper to watch it (which was great - I could clean the kitchen without telling Cooper over and over again to stop trying to crawl into or sit on the dishwasher!). When it was over, I sat in the living room with my boys and we started watching regular tv. Cooper thew a fit - he wanted to watch Bob the Builder again. This was one of those fits where he threw himself on the floor - and there were real tears! I tried to calm him down by telling him we would go and look in his room and see if his jammies with the tools on it - like Bob's - were clean. That just started another crying riot!! "Mommy - I want Bob the Builder jammies". It took us FOREVER to calm him down. But he eventually did!

So, my lunch hour yesterday was spent searching stores for Bob the Builder jammies and other stuff. I bought him a lofty figure.

Yesterday afternoon, I get a call from my MIL - she said that Cooper had something to tell me - and she put him on the phone. His little voice told me that he went pee pee on the potty! I think everyone around me knew he went potty by the end of the conversation! I was so proud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment