Wednesday, November 8, 2006

My $50 table

Saturday morning was spent running errands. One of my errands was to look at a few things in Mardel Christian Book Store. Don, Joseph and Cooper decided to go into Big Lots instead. Which was fine by me - it allowed me to look at what I needed without being interrupted. I left Mardel and looked down the side walk to see my three boys waving me over to Big Lots. I was afraid. There was no-telling WHAT my husband was waving me over there for. As soon as I get close, Don says, "hey, did you know that Big Lots has furniture?" and I reply, "yes, but it's Big Lots, I've never really paid any attention to the furniture in here". Don then tells me that there is a kitchen table in there that I need to see for only $50. I was VERY nervous. Don knows I don't like our kitchen table. It wobbles, it has a tile top that collects every little crumb in the house. Don't like it at all. But, it serves its purpose and hasn't been a priority to replace. The table at Big Lots looked nice from a distance, but I thought it must be too good to be true. It wasn't. It didn't have chairs to go with it, and the manager just wanted to get rid of it so put a sign on it for $50. It's solid wood, matches my chairs and now resides in my kitchen. It also has a large leaf that goes in the middle! The legs are a ligther yellow than how it shows in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment