Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Is my kid a brat?


This weekend, Cooper really showed his mean steak. My poor little dog Murray was just napping on the couch, minding his own business, when Cooper walked up and yanked his hind leg and pulled him off the couch. Murray was shocked and stunned but got back on the couch. A few seconds later, Cooper pulled his hair and yanked him off the couch again. Poor Murray ran, while Cooper just laughed at himself.

Then, I was trying to get dressed and had him in my room. He kept opening my night stand drawer, which would not have been a big deal, but I have nail clippers, cuticle clippers and other sharp nail stuff in there. I told him "no, no" several times, but he wouldn't listen. I knelt down and looked him in the eye and said, "mommy said no-no" he looked me right back in the eye and screamed at the top of his lungs with his little fists balled up! I couldn't believe it! Back-talk at 16 months old!!

And finally, we were in Victoria's Secret on Sunday, and a lady was commenting on how cute Cooper was, and at that moment, he took his container of Cheerios and threw them at an innocent little girl not far away. Not one of his cuter moves! I hung my head in shame and left with my purchase!

Is this a sign of behavior to come? Is it going to get better or worse?

1 comment:

  1. its all about how you react to these outbursts. he'll have to learn the consequences of his actions eventually but sooner is better than later! :-)

    ReplyDelete