Monday, November 7, 2005

I really, really hate snakes!!

Hate is such a strong, over-used word. But when it comes to how I feel about snakes, it just isn't strong enough.

Yesterday was one of those days where I was in the mood to clean. I picked up and dusted the living room, cleaned the kitchen and dining room, and after Cooper went to bed, I started on my closet. I pulled out all kinds of clothes, made piles for laundry and re-organized my shoes for the fall season (even though it's going to be 85 today!). I was just about ready to start my laundry and about to step off my bed, when I saw him - A SNAKE. I let out a blood-curtling scream for my husband. He didn't exactly run as fast as I would have liked, but he showed up. I was standing on the bed screaming snake - and he casually picked it up in a blanket saying, "it sure is" like I could mistake a snake for something else? He proclaimed that it was just a little gardner snake - no big deal - but a HUGE deal to me. I'm not sharing my space with a snake - no way - not even if he pays rent - nope - no snakes. Don took him outside and did something with him - don't really care, but came back and comforted me for a bit. I was hysterical shouting that more could be here and we (he) had to make sure that no more snakes could ever come in the house. Now, I often complain about my husband - but not today - my awesome husband then went through each and every piece of dirty clothes on the floor and moved them to the laundry room. After about 45 minutes or so, I finally got off the bed and put my feet on the floor (only after my husband checked under the bed too).

By now, it was my bed time. I put my jammies on and curled up in bed and tried to sleep - to no avail. I'm not sure if I slept at all. Every few minutes, I would flash the flashlight on the floor and make sure there wasn't a little snake-party going on down there on my bedroom floor. And wouldn't it just figure that was the one night that my husband didn't snore!! Just my luck.

So today, my husband is inspecting each and every side of the house to make sure another little snake can get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment