Wednesday, March 22, 2006

We're moved - FINALLY!

OK - we finally got moved and we just love it. We love our new house. And I love that my husband has an office that isn't in my living room. We have a great back yard for Cooper to play in that even has a little area for him to ride his tricycle in. I think moving puts just as much stress on a marriage as money issues. It was very trying for us. If (and that's a BIG IF) we ever move again - we will hire a company to do it for us. I will never do that again.

Last weekend was very, very rainy. While we had a weekend total of about three inches of rain at DFW airport, our fine city of Garland got over NINE inches of rain! Our back yard flooded and the roof leaked in Cooper's room. The water has receeded in the back yard and the roof is under warranty (and I caught the drip in time, so no carpet damage), so no worries or insurance claims!! YEAH! Here are pics of the back yard before and during the flood...

We definately have some back yard work to do, on the left side of this picture (you can't really see it) there is a Bradford Pear tree (I think) but the dirt around it is erroding - so we need to redirect the drain spout from the house so that we don't loose that beautiful tree.

Cooper is just talking up a storm. He tells me I'm "pretty" and that he is my "buddy" and he wants to have "maroni" every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He is just such a blast. Here's pics of him this weekend reading the paper and going through the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment