Friday, December 30, 2005

It's probably broken

I admit, I'm not exactly graceful. If it weren't for the years of dance and ballet lessons, there is no telling what a mess I would truly be. Anyway, last night I was rounding the corner out of the laundry room when I abrubtly stopped in mid-step by a large metal object on the floor. Admitedly, I wasn't watching where I was going, but who the heck takes off the cover of a computer and leaves it off! I proceeded to yell out a few not-so-nice words while my husband starred in disbelief that I could be that stupid. Yep, I can. I examined the toe that took the brunt of the impact, and it was swelling and tender, so I thought to myself if it isn't broken, it's jammed pretty good. I don't like to do things half-ass!

This morning, I got up, I drank coffee, knitted, got in the shower and began my day as usual. Cooper got up, so I got the husband up before I went to get him. Cooper and I spent a few minutes in his room, and we gathered a few important items before we left his room (Speckles and Blue). As I exited his room with him in my arms, I rounded the corner out of his room and BAM! The same bumb toe runs right into the vacuum cleaner. This isn't a new plastic light weight vacuum cleaner, but one of those 1970's models that weighs a freaking ton!! Anyway, I once again yell out a few obscene words and hop around - while my son laughs at me (pain is funny to him) and Don looks at me like I'm on drugs! He says, "what the hell is the matter with you?". I have no clue. Now, I can't blame anyone but myself for the location of the vacuum cleaner. I vacuumed the hallway after we moved the dog crate earlier this week, and by leaving it there, I had every intention of vacuuming another room. If my toe wasn't broken last night, it definately is now.

Note to self - pray for forgiveness for the foul language.

No comments:

Post a Comment