Monday, October 10, 2005

Fish out of water

That is exactly how I feel about trying to get through and feel my way around learning to blog. Knitting, I understand. Cosmetics, haircare, skin care, etc I understand. But this computer stuff, just baffles me. I've been reading a couple of knitting blogs recently, and I really enjoy it, so I thought I would give it a try. I've been knitting for a couple of years, but I still very much feel like a novice.

Last Christmas, my mom and I picked up our needles and began knitting again. When I returned to work wearing a scarf that she made and one that I made, some of my coworkers wanted to learn how (and a couple of them just wanted me to make them one). A couple of days later, we began what we now call Knitting Lunches. I taught most of them and now we have several that meet once a week for a Stitch 'n Bitch over lunch. It's great fun!

I have a 13-month old little boy at home, so my patterns have to be very simple for now. Nothing that I have to really follow closely until he gets a little older. Which is fine by me. He attempts to help me knit, and sits in my yarn baskets in the living room. He's just too precious.

My latest obsession is dishcloths. I think everyone on my list is getting a basket full of them. I have stolen this idea from my mom - but our gift-giving list doesn't overlap that much, so it won't be a big deal.




Anyway, I hope I figure this blogging thing out and can post some stuff without getting too frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment